Thursday, January 3, 2008

A GIFT OF LOVE.

What can I give the one who has everything? by this I am speaking of my lover and best friend,
I need him more each day that passes as each trial becomes greater, and my desire to feel
love in a personal touch more accute.those who I love the most, dismiss me as a exaggeration
of a overgrown adolescent feeling. Perhaps I am too naive to think simplistic love is what god gave
us to share, because it seems everyone wants and tries to make it more complex.

I always believed that to love another person, man or woman was a simply feeling, Godly and right. It seems to see the best in people and to believe in the beauty you see in them or the love you have for them, is an exaggeration or untruth. but if we spout the evil we see in others or there faults its o.k. would rather, as the mad don Quixote said to live in a world of ludicricy if it means I see only the good beautiful things in others, rather than be a "realist" and see only the flaws. I would rather love fiercely and with simply abandon, than always suppress it and spend my time
trying to figure out the intricacies and pitfalls of it.

Give me the simplistic love of Christ any day, give me the wild abandon and free spirit of the Cathars, rather than the logical, analytical whys and wherefores that get in the way of closeness in body and spirit with those we love and live with.
we are so hung up on the why not’s, or the reasons why we can that we spend life missing out on the fun and freedoms the lord has entrusted to us, mostly because we are to afraid to just do it.
Or our pride or carnal mind gets in the way.

I want to be free, free from the hangs ups, free to love with abandon, free to be simple and se the good and lovely. I want to live the love and simplicity of Christ like Saint Francis, he saw the beauty in all around him, and that’s all I want to see as well. I know the bleakness, the flaws, I have so many I can't count them all, and that why I thank the lord he sees the good and keeps picking me up as I fall again ,and again. I don't care if you think I exaggerate your good sides,
guess what? That’s really how I see it and I won't change that outlook, I have been the other way too long I want to see the good in others the beauty, and praise the lord for it.
I am simple,dumb,a jackass,weak,carnal andworldly and a whole lot of other things but..
the lord still loves me,and that’s why I am saying to all you out there....see others as I know the lord see them, he knows all the flaws; but he chooses to dwell on the beauty.
My gift to the lord this month... (In addition to the fasting) I want to give him all my cover ups, my worldly outlooks, my analytic mind.

In return I ask only he give me the simple, pure love only he can, and a real freedom in my life to share this love with others. Give me lover, the ability to love without boundries, to share without holding back, and see well where there seems to be none.
Help me to be free of anger, fustration and hurt. Give me faith, love and closeness to you in its place. Help me to love others without expecting recompense and to be only a vessel of your love.

Help me to trust you for those I love, and trust for those I love and want to be close to,
even if I can't or they don't believe me.
Let me trust even when I don't see, and give praise no matter the circumstance.
Help me to trust you for the love and touch I desire, and seek you first because you are
my one true lover even when all others have gone or are too busy.
Thank you for the gift of making me simple.

No comments: