Sunday, January 27, 2008

Flavor of the month.

Ever feel like someone’s friendship with you was like Baskin Robbins 31 flavors?
Their friendship is contingent on how they feel, if they actually need your
friendship at that time and it’s convenient. Then when it’s all ok, they no longer need you
and you are as good as a leaf in the wind.

Why is it? I suppose its human nature to enjoy something when you need it, and when not
you cast it away for dead weight. I wonder if it is better to not have them,if it ends only when it is convenient. And starts when again they need the boost,not really concerned about the times you need them too.

I suppose it’s the lesson the lord has been trying to teach me that he is the only
friend I really have and can count on. Others come and go, but are always there.
To give up on friendships I think would be to admit that love is not worthwhile,
and that is something that would be just a lie.

So if you love, or have friends are friends always. Not just when it is right for you, but seek them out when they need you as well. Make their happiness paramount and strive to make a happiness contingent only on the lord and his love, then it will last no matter. And will be a true friendship.

2 comments:

Abi said...

It seems you're trying to get a specific point across, with this being your second post in a week about friends who seem to not really be true friends. What if you talked or wrote or something to whoever you feel that way about. I'm sure, if it was me, I certainly would want to know that I was coming across that way, and without specifics, you might make all your friends worry that you think that way about them. Not all people are as naturally loving as you, but I doubt anyone purposefully is only your friend when it's convenient, and ignoring you because they don't need you anymore. Maybe there are other circumstances in their life that you don't know about that makes them act the way they do, and it's not because they don't care about you. A person would have to be very foolish to take your friendship for granted. My few thoughts on the matter. I shut up now.

Big Mike said...

sorry to all my friends out there most and pretty much all of you have been very supportive and there for me more than i can ever thank you for.it is a specific point because some people are like that,at least to me.it is a very small minority and i definantly do not know everyones things that go on.if I am reading you wrong i am sorry.I have just had it happen allot to me and it hurts to be taken as a sap.anyhoo I wax long and I am sorry.I know that all of you have the best hearts and the most loving intentions,so it no doubt is my conception that may be wrong.again i apologise,i don't want anyone to think i am mad,I just hope people can guard against this.now also shutting up.love you all.