Saturday, December 15, 2007

Nights We Forget...

There is a fury deep that lurks hidden, surpressed to silence.
It burns like a smiths fire, raging and uncontrolled.
Hidden to hide the awful explosion of rage that consumes all in its path.

Darkness brings the painful truth of a seething frustration lost in it.
The stars bring the pangs of angers suppressed, biting back at its cage.
How is it that silence only fuels the rage and the fury suppressed only grows stronger?
It is the quiet storm that rents from inside and sears its mark.

Truly this night I must forget, the anger that I feel, god let it wash away.
My hands clenched in a cold sweat and teeth gritted hard for the battle,
for I must wage war with this unseemly foe inside and vanquish it before
it consumes me from inside.

Lord I pray help me battle this anger with the love that I can only get from you.
For on my own it will overcome me, therefore I stand hard pressed before you asking that you help me turn the tide of war.
I need your love to guide me, from this dark lonely maze built of my
frustration and anger, that I cannot find the way out of.
Let it burn now by the fire of your love that I may be released from the darkness that has taken hold.

Shine your light of love and let the night fade into the dawn of new day.
As I see your sun rise I cry the tears of a man free from the torment within,
and rejoice in the praises of your love.

No comments: